At Epsten Group, a Salas O’Brien company, we pride ourselves on being a pioneer for sustainability in the built environment. Sustainability is in our DNA– it’s the right thing to do for future generations and the legacy we leave behind. We maintain the front-line of sustainability, spreading the word globally and investing locally. We are a JUST Label company with a focus on social equity in how we operate our business, as well as the health and well-being of our employees through our WELL and Fitwel certifications.
Industry pioneers to our core, we push the boundaries by walking many clients through their own firsts. Our services remain flexible to meet the growing demand for a sustainable, healthier future. Our team strives to create a global impact surrounding green initiatives and maintains a company culture that reflects this. We celebrate diversity, inclusion, and equity and have recruited top talent from all over the globe. With office flexibility and a work-life balance, we accommodate individual preferences, believing that freedom, respect, and creativity lead to happiness and prosperity.
Founded in 1975, Salas O’Brien is an employee-owned engineering and professional services firm focused on achieving impact for our clients, our team, and the world. We know that tomorrow’s requirements are today’s opportunities, and we are here to design lasting solutions for pressing challenges.
We are seeking an exceptional Senior Commissioning Project Manager with strong communication skills to help continue the growth of our commissioning practice. We are looking for a detail-oriented, self-starter to join our energetic and growing 60-person company based out of Atlanta, Georgia. The position involves primarily the management of commissioning projects and the completion of associated commissioning tasks for HVAC, building automation systems, lighting and lighting controls systems and plumbing systems for new buildings and existing buildings. The role has the support of commissioning engineers and interns. The position reports directly to the Principal/Director of Commissioning and shall be based at our Atlanta office or in Raleigh, NC.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or related field
- At least 10 years’ experience in commissioning of mechanical or electrical systems
- At least 5 years’ experience in mechanical or electrical systems commissioning project management
- Proven track record of performing planning, functional testing, building performance investigation and building systems troubleshooting for new and existing buildings
- Extensive knowledge of MEP systems and controls installation and operation
- Strong communication skills with ability to present complex technical information to a wide audience, including contractors, architects and engineers and others with varying degrees of technical knowledge. Must have proven report writing skills
- Must have the ability to communicate roles and responsibilities to the project team
- This position requires some domestic travel and potentially international travel, dependent upon hiring location
- CxA or CCP certification a must
- Project experience with higher education, laboratory and/or government facilities a must. Mission critical experience a plus.
- Professional engineer license a plus
- Planning, directing and monitoring of commissioning activities for assigned projects
- Responsible for project billing and hours tracking
- Develop commissioning plans, commissioning specifications, and Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR) documents
- Conduct design reviews of mechanical, electrical and plumbing plans, and specifications
- Create equipment pre-functional checklists and functional performance test scripts
- Perform commissioning site visits and produce site visit reports
- Perform functional testing and verification of equipment and systems in the field
- Produce comprehensive commissioning reports for new and existing buildings including recommendations for improvements in existing buildings
- Perform equipment and systems conditions assessments for existing buildings
- Provide technical support to other project managers and junior engineers for building systems related issues
- Troubleshoot HVAC and associated controls systems, electrical and plumbing systems
- Other responsibilities as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The staff member is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The staff member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Salas O’Brien provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, or local laws. Salas O’Brien will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants as required by law.
To apply, click here.