At Epsten Group, a Salas O’Brien company, we pride ourselves on being a pioneer for sustainability in the built environment. Sustainability is in our DNA– it’s the right thing to do for future generations and the legacy we leave behind. We maintain the front-line of sustainability, spreading the word globally and investing locally. We are a JUST Label company with a focus on social equity in how we operate our business, as well as the health and well-being of our employees through our WELL and Fitwel certifications.
Industry pioneers to our core, we push the boundaries by walking many clients through their own firsts. Our services remain flexible to meet the growing demand for a sustainable, healthier future. Our team strives to create a global impact surrounding green initiatives and maintains a company culture that reflects this. We celebrate diversity, inclusion, and equity and have recruited top talent from all over the globe. With office flexibility and a work-life balance, we accommodate individual preferences, believing that freedom, respect, and creativity lead to happiness and prosperity.
Founded in 1975, Salas O’Brien is an employee-owned engineering and professional services firm focused on achieving impact for our clients, our team, and the world. We know that tomorrow’s requirements are today’s opportunities, and we are here to design lasting solutions for pressing challenges.
We are seeking an exceptional, full-time Building Enclosure Consultant and/or Project Manager to conduct enclosure analysis and consulting for new construction and existing buildings, manage and oversee building envelope installation and field testing. We are looking for a self-motivated, detail oriented professional to join our energetic and growing team that includes 100+ building enclosure experts throughout North America.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in architecture, engineering, or construction management
- A minimum of 10+ years of building envelope construction and/or consulting experience would be considered in lieu of educational requirement
- 5+ years of experience in building enclosure systems
- 5+ years of construction observation experience related to the building construction industry, specifically building enclosure systems
- Familiar with the building enclosure systems/designs
- Able to maintain records of project costs, billings, and budgets
- Able to prepare proposals and service fees
- Roofing or building enclosure credential a plus
- Engineering or architecture license a plus
- Perform condition assessments of building enclosure systems
- Act as an envelope commissioning project manager
- Conduct or assist senior enclosure team members with design reviews for constructability and durability
- Identify or confirm building enclosure issues/problems and present corrections/solutions
- Develop or assist with the development of enclosure commissioning specifications, checklists, quality standards, and project billing process
- Oversee enclosure testing activities as performed by internal staff and/or contractors. Willing to perform enclosure testing activities consistent with industry standards when necessary
- Work directly with the contractors and specialists to assist in the resolution of building enclosure issues
- Conduct investigations, inspection, testing, and monitor during installation
- Coordinate and attend construction meetings and conferences
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear and occasionally kneel and climb. The staff member must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Ability to work outdoors in all seasons and safely work at elevated height (roofs, lifts, etc.) are required. Must also be able to operate a motor vehicle. Certification to operate a lift is a plus, but not a prerequisite.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Salas O’Brien provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, or local laws. Salas O’Brien will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants as required by law.
To apply, click here.