At Epsten Group, we pride ourselves on being a pioneer for sustainability in the built environment. Sustainability is in our DNA– it’s the right thing to do for future generations and the legacy we leave behind. We maintain the front-line of sustainability, spreading the word globally and investing locally. We are a JUST Label company with a focus on social equity in how we operate our business, as well as the health and well-being of our employees through our WELL and Fitwel certifications.
Industry pioneers to our core, we push the boundaries by walking many clients through their own firsts. Our services remain flexible to meet the growing demand for a sustainable, healthier future. Our team strives to create a global impact surrounding green initiatives and maintains a company culture that reflects this. We celebrate diversity, inclusion, and equity and have recruited top talent from all over the globe. With office flexibility and a work-life balance, we accommodate individual preferences, believing that freedom, respect, and creativity lead to happiness and prosperity.
Epsten Group, Inc. is seeking a Senior Energy Modeling Specialist to join their team of Energy/HVAC specialists. This person will perform building energy simulation using software models and calculations to identify and assess energy efficiency opportunities, provide recommendations to optimize building systems, envelope and daylighting analysis, passive strategies, and controls, as well as to determine performance and complete documentation required for code compliance and green building certification. In addition, this person will provide technical expertise for LEED Certification Reviews as a third-party verifier for GBCI for the evaluation of projects pursuing LEED Certification. Company is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, though working remotely is an option for this position.
- 1-3 years of experience in building energy simulation*
- A basic understanding of the LEED certification process and credits
- LEED AP with specialty preferred (BD+C, ID+C, O+M)
- Experience using the following energy simulation software programs: eQUEST, EnergyPlus, Design Builder, Trace, HAP, IES, etc.
- Preference for understanding of building mechanical systems.
- Experience with outdoor air ventilation requirements outlined in ASHRAE Standard 55 is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher with specialized training in engineering or architecture. Preference for mechanical engineering degree.
- Ability to obtain professional licensure (P.E.) and accreditations, such as CEM or BEMP.
- Revit experience is preferred.
*Building energy simulation experience through college degree courses will not be considered for meeting the minimum qualifications.
- Perform energy simulation computer modeling for simple and advanced HVAC systems.
- Provide calculations and analysis for all energy system loads, including process loads where applicable.
- Develop reports to guide project teams to meet the minimum requirements for certification for LEED, Georgia Peach, and other sustainability rating systems.
- Interact with clients and project team members during all project phases.
- Document and communicate discussions and resolutions with project team members as it pertains to the project scope.
- Prepare and maintain LEED documentation.
- Provide expert reviews of energy model output summaries for compliance with the EAp Minimum Energy Performance, EAc Optimize Energy Performance, and related credits for LEED.
Perform quality control (QC) review of work performed by other LEED Reviewers and assist in the development the internal review process.
- Educate project teams on LEED and ASHRAE requirements through written technical advice and conference calls.
- Provide technical support to the GBCI Customer Service team.
- Work with senior and junior energy modeling specialists to ensure technically rigorous, accurate, consistent, and timely completion of LEED certification reviews.
- Stay up to date on advancements in technology for energy efficiency; multiple opportunities are provided to share knowledge with the Energy/HVAC team and local ASHRAE organization.
- Stay up to date on energy modeling software advancements.
- Follow Epsten Group, Inc.’s ISO-accredited quality processes.
- Provide input to Team Leaders and Director for proposal development to help win projects.
- Manage individuals and small groups on tasks.
- Assist in scheduling weekly tasks for the group.
The Epsten Group offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Health and Wellness Reimbursements + Activities
- Tenure Benefits
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Teleworking or telecommuting options
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org