At Epsten Group, we pride ourselves on being a pioneer for sustainability in the built environment. Sustainability is in our DNA– it’s the right thing to do for future generations and the legacy we leave behind. We maintain the front-line of sustainability, spreading the word globally and investing locally. We are a JUST Label company with a focus on social equity in how we operate our business, as well as the health and well-being of our employees through our WELL and Fitwel certifications.
Industry pioneers to our core, we push the boundaries by walking many clients through their own firsts. Our services remain flexible to meet the growing demand for a sustainable, healthier future. Our team strives to create a global impact surrounding green initiatives and maintains a company culture that reflects this. We celebrate diversity, inclusion, and equity and have recruited top talent from all over the globe. With office flexibility and a work-life balance, we accommodate individual preferences, believing that freedom, respect, and creativity lead to happiness and prosperity.
Epsten Group, Inc. is seeking a LEED Reviewer to join their team of Energy/HVAC specialists. This person will perform in-depth analyses of building models for projects attempting LEED Certification. The Energy Analyst will utilize the relevant ASHRAE Standards and LEED Protocols to determine whether the models from various forms of software meet the prescribed mandatory requirements and demonstrate the adequate energy savings, as well as whether the HVAC systems have been designed to provide adequate outdoor air for ventilation. After thorough training, this person will provide technical expertise to the Energy/HVAC team as a Quality Assurance team member and review energy models created internally for projects pursuing LEED. In addition, this person will have the opportunity to train on creating energy models for internal projects once sufficient LEED training has been achieved. Company is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, though working remotely is an option for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in building sciences, mechanical or electrical engineering, or energy policy
- Technical knowledge and at least three years of work experience in HVAC systems, building energy modeling, energy efficiency, renewable energy, building commissioning, or energy systems construction.
- A basic understanding of building design and construction process
- Basic experience with the LEED rating system (Building Design and Construction or Interior Design and Construction preferred)
- Experience analyzing input and output summaries from energy simulation software programs such as eQUEST, EnergyPlus, Design Builder, Trace, HAP, IES, etc.
- Passion and commitment to helping project teams correctly model baseline and proposed energy models for projects pursuing LEED
- Desire to gain in-depth knowledge of the energy-related LEED requirements
- Experience with outdoor air ventilation requirements outlined in ASHRAE Standard 55 is preferred
- Ability to obtain professional licensure (P.E.) and accreditations, such as CEM or BEMP with additional experience preferred
- LEED AP with specialty preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to establish a strong working connection with a small team of professionals
- Perform in-depth technical review and analyses of building design, construction, and operations for compliance with ASHRAE Standards and the LEED rating system in a timely manner with high quality
- Graduate to the Senior Reviewer position and perform quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) reviews of work done by other team members
- Make corrections and provide responses to quality control checks from GBCI on your review work
- Provide technical customer service support to project teams participating in the Proven Provider program and others
- Contribute to the continued development of internal resources and increased technical knowledge of fellow LEED Reviewers through collaborative teamwork
- Gain detailed understanding of common environmental building codes and standards such as ASHRAE 90.1, ASHRAE 62.1, ASHRAE 55, California Title 24, IPMVP Vol. III, IESNA RP-33, ASHRAE 189, IECC, UPC, IPC, etc., as well as specific LEED guides such as the Additional Guidance for Multiple Building Certifications and the District Energy Systems guide
- Assist in developing, reviewing, and refining reference materials for all LEED rating systems
- Assist in conceiving and developing improvements to the certification review process based on personal knowledge and vision, data analytics, or user feedback
- Act as a liaison with GBCI and USGBC through group calls and discussions
- Maintain currency of expertise by staying abreast of new and developing industry issues and trends
- Share knowledge with the Energy/HVAC team and local ASHRAE organization
- Stay up to date on energy modeling software advancements
- Follow Epsten Group, Inc.’s ISO-accredited quality processes
- Manage individuals and small groups on tasks
The Epsten Group offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Health and Wellness Reimbursements + Activities
- Tenure Benefits
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Teleworking or telecommuting options
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org