At Epsten Group, we pride ourselves on being a pioneer for sustainability in the built environment. Sustainability is in our DNA– it’s the right thing to do for future generations and the legacy we leave behind. We maintain the front-line of sustainability, spreading the word globally and investing locally. We are a JUST Label company with a focus on social equity in how we operate our business, as well as the health and well-being of our employees through our WELL and Fitwel certifications.
Industry pioneers to our core, we push the boundaries by walking many clients through their own firsts. Our services remain flexible to meet the growing demand for a sustainable, healthier future. Our team strives to create a global impact surrounding green initiatives and maintains a company culture that reflects this. We celebrate diversity, inclusion, and equity and have recruited top talent from all over the globe. With office flexibility and a work-life balance, we accommodate individual preferences, believing that freedom, respect, and creativity lead to happiness and prosperity.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Sustainability Specialist to provide technical expertise for projects pursuing LEED BD+C, ID+C, and O+M rating systems; WELL v1, v2, and WELL Health-Safety Rating; SITES v2.0; and TRUE Zero Waste certification. Both Reviewer and Consulting work for projects attempting the same rating systems, as well as Parksmart, Fitwel, and Living Building Challenge will apply. We are looking for an energetic, fast learner who is detail-oriented to join our growing company based in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a field of study related to one or more of the following specialties: Architecture (architecture, construction, landscape architecture, interior design) Engineering (mechanical, civil, structural), Policy, or Environmental Studies
- LEED AP with specialty required
- Professional accreditation in additional rating systems preferred: WELL AP, WELL Performance Testing Agent, SITES AP, TRUE Advisor, Parksmart Advisor, or Fitwel Ambassador
- Ability to read, understand and interpret building floor plans, sections, site plans, construction specifications, mechanical schedules, commissioning reports and operational policies preferred
- Detailed technical understanding of and experience with one or more of the following building operations topics: common construction methods, materials specification, fenestration, HVAC systems, plumbing systems, electrical systems, landscape design, master planning, land use, zoning, urban development preferred
- Bi-lingual fluency in Portuguese, Chinese, Spanish, French, or Arabic a plus
Other Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Understanding of the WELL rating system including forms, calculations, and documentation requirements, including how to apply WELL criteria to the review of documentation for verification. Performance Verification Testing training will be required.
- Understanding of the SITES rating system including forms, calculations, and documentation requirements, including how to apply SITES criteria to the review of documentation for verification.
- Understanding of the TRUE rating system including forms, calculations, and documentation requirements, including how to apply TRUE criteria to the review of documentation for verification.
- Understanding of the LEED-NC rating system including forms, calculations, and documentation requirements, including how to apply LEED criteria to the review of documentation for verification. Training on additional rating systems included as skills increase.
- Provide written comments explaining the results of the review; all review work is completed as a part of a team.
- Certification Reviewers are expected to graduate to Senior Reviewer level and serve as Consulting Specialists and eventually Project Managers for Consulting projects after the initial training period.
About the Entry-level Sustainability Specialist Role
- Perform in-depth technical review and analyses of building design, construction, and operations for compliance with LEED rating systems on time with high quality to gain rating system proficiency with the goal of achieving Senior status within one year.
- Educate and directly engage the marketplace by effectively communicating through written, verbal, and in-person meetings with project teams and owners
- Provide technical customer service support to project teams
- Contribute to the continued development and increased technical knowledge of fellow LEED Certification Reviewers through collaborative teamwork
- Understanding of the LEED-NC and/or WELL rating system including forms, calculations, and documentation requirements, including how to apply LEED and/or WELL criteria to the review of documentation for verification.
- Opportunity to learn more about the SITES, TRUE, Fitwel, and Living Building Challenge rating system, including forms, calculations, documentation requirements, and how to apply the criteria to a project or the review of documentation for verification
Essential Functions After Initial Training Period:
- Contribute to a project’s pursuit of a sustainability-related certification by working as the Project Manager, guiding the project team through the entire certification process, from Strategic Development through Certification Award, possibly beyond Award for Recertification
- Complete all necessary forms, annotations, and documentation required to document fulfillment of the rating system requirements
- Wherever possible, EGI Project Managers do not rely on the documentation to be completed by other project team members, with obvious exceptions in the form of project drawings or engineering calculations
- Perform in-depth technical review and analyses of building design, construction, and operations for compliance with LEED rating systems on time with high quality
- Perform quality assurance (QA) review of work done by other Reviewers
- Participate in Business Development activities such as networking, speaking engagements, and written content for marketing purposes
Metrics for Success:
- Achieve Senior Specialist status within one year
- Meet individual review production metrics (quality, efficiency, and timeliness)
- Achieve customer service satisfaction consistent with department goals
- Demonstrate professional growth by advancing foundational and leadership competencies
Epsten Group offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Personal Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Alternative Commuter Benefits
- Health Club Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Bonuses
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.