At Epsten Group, we pride ourselves on being a pioneer for sustainability in the built environment. Sustainability is in our DNA– it’s the right thing to do for future generations and the legacy we leave behind. We maintain the front-line of sustainability, spreading the word globally and investing locally. We are a JUST Label company with a focus on social equity in how we operate our business, as well as the health and well-being of our employees through our WELL and Fitwel certifications.
Industry pioneers to our core, we push the boundaries by walking many clients through their own firsts. Our services remain flexible to meet the growing demand for a sustainable, healthier future. Our team strives to create a global impact surrounding green initiatives and maintains a company culture that reflects this. We celebrate diversity, inclusion, and equity and have recruited top talent from all over the globe. With office flexibility and a work-life balance, we accommodate individual preferences, believing that freedom, respect, and creativity lead to happiness and prosperity.
We are looking for a Commissioning Project Manager with strong communication skills to help continue the growth of our commissioning practice. We are looking for a detail-oriented, self-starter to join our energetic and growing 55-person company based out of Atlanta, Georgia. The position involves primarily the management of commissioning projects and completion of commissioning tasks for HVAC, building automation systems, lighting and lighting controls systems and plumbing systems for both new and existing buildings. The position reports directly to the Principal/Director of Commissioning and shall be based at the Atlanta office of Epsten Group.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or related field and 5 years’ experience at minimum in mechanical or electrical systems commissioning
- Proven track record of performing planning, functional testing, building performance investigation and building systems troubleshooting for new and existing buildings.
- Extensive knowledge of MEP systems and controls installation and operation.
- Strong communication skills with ability to present complex technical information to a wide audience, including contractors, architects and engineers and others with varying degrees of technical knowledge. Must have proven report writing skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate roles and responsibilities to the project team.
- This position requires some limited domestic travel and potentially international travel, though minimal.
- Project experience with higher education, laboratory and/or government facilities a must.
- Professional engineer license a plus.
- CxA or CCP certification a plus.
- Planning, directing and monitoring of commissioning activities for assigned projects.
- Responsible for project billing and hours tracking.
- Develop commissioning plans, commissioning specifications, and Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR) documents.
- Conduct design reviews of mechanical, electrical and plumbing plans, and specifications.
- Create equipment pre-functional checklists and functional performance test scripts.
- Perform commissioning site visits and produce site visit reports.
- Perform functional testing and verification of equipment and systems in the field.
- Produce comprehensive commissioning reports for new and existing buildings including recommendations for improvements in existing buildings.
- Perform equipment and systems conditions assessments for existing buildings.
- Provide technical support to other project managers and junior engineers for building systems related issues.
- Troubleshoot HVAC and associated controls systems, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The staff member is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The staff member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Epsten Group offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Alternative Commuter Benefit
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com