At Epsten Group, we pride ourselves on being a pioneer for sustainability in the built environment. Sustainability is in our DNA– it’s the right thing to do for future generations and the legacy we leave behind. We maintain the front-line of sustainability, spreading the word globally and investing locally. We are a JUST Label company with a focus on social equity in how we operate our business, as well as the health and well-being of our employees through our WELL and Fitwel certifications.
Industry pioneers to our core, we push the boundaries by walking many clients through their own firsts. Our services remain flexible to meet the growing demand for a sustainable, healthier future. Our team strives to create a global impact surrounding green initiatives and maintains a company culture that reflects this. We celebrate diversity, inclusion, and equity and have recruited top talent from all over the globe. With office flexibility and a work-life balance, we accommodate individual preferences, believing that freedom, respect, and creativity lead to happiness and prosperity.
We are looking for an entry-level position supporting Epsten Group’s Commissioning (Cx) department, particularly the building systems group, and join our energetic and growing 55-person company based out of Atlanta, Georgia. The position shall be located at the Atlanta office. Summer internship is acceptable and will be accommodated.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or Similar (pursuing acceptable)
- Understanding and ability to communicate with internal commissioning team members.
- Willingness to learn and contribute.
- Assist Cx lead personnel in performing jobsite observations.
- Write field reports for jobsite observations to be reviewed and distributed by the Cx lead personnel.
- Create pre-functional checklists for contractors and develop MEP Cx and functional performance test procedures.
- Provide technical support to project teams for building systems related issues.
- Assist Cx lead personnel in performing equipment and systems conditions assessments.
- Prepare basic calculations.
- Develop commissioning plans, commissioning specifications, and Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR) documents.
- Troubleshoot HVAC and associated controls systems and plumbing systems.
- Perform functional testing and verification of equipment and systems in the field in direct support of Cx lead personnel on those projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The staff member is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The staff member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Epsten Group offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Alternative Commuter Benefit
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.