At Epsten Group, we pride ourselves on being a pioneer for sustainability in the built environment. Sustainability is in our DNA– it’s the right thing to do for future generations and the legacy we leave behind. We maintain the front-line of sustainability, spreading the word globally and investing locally. We are a JUST Label company with a focus on social equity in how we operate our business, as well as the health and well-being of our employees through our WELL and Fitwel certifications.
Industry pioneers to our core, we push the boundaries by walking many clients through their own firsts. Our services remain flexible to meet the growing demand for a sustainable, healthier future. Our team strives to create a global impact surrounding green initiatives and maintains a company culture that reflects this. We celebrate diversity, inclusion, and equity and have recruited top talent from all over the globe. With office flexibility and a work-life balance, we accommodate individual preferences, believing that freedom, respect, and creativity lead to happiness and prosperity.
We are looking for a full-time Building Enclosure Consultant to conduct enclosure analysis and consulting for new construction and existing buildings. We are looking for a detail oriented professional to join our energetic and growing 55-person company based in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in architecture, engineering, or construction management
- 5+ years of experience in building enclosure systems
- 5+ years of construction observation experience related to the building construction industry, specifically building enclosure systems
- A minimum of 10 years of building envelope construction and/or consulting experience would be considered in lieu of educational requirement
- Familiar with the building enclosure systems/designs
- Able to maintain records of project costs, billings, and budgets
- Able to assist senior team members in preparation of proposals and service fees
- Roofing or building enclosure credential a plus
- Engineering or architecture license a plus
- Perform condition assessment of building enclosure systems
- For enclosure commissioning projects, assist senior enclosure team members with design reviews for constructability and durability
- Identify or confirm building enclosure issues/problems and present corrections/solutions
- Assist with the development of enclosure commissioning specifications, checklists, quality standards, and project billing process
- Oversee enclosure testing activities as performed by internal staff and/or contractors
- Willing to perform enclosure testing activities consistent with industry standards when necessary
- Work directly with the contractors and specialists to assist in the resolution of building enclosure issues
- Conduct investigations, inspection, testing, and monitor during installation
- Coordinate and attend construction meetings and conferences
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear and occasionally kneel and climb. The staff member must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Ability to work outdoors in all seasons and safely work at elevated height (roofs, lifts, etc.) are required. Must also be able to operate a motor vehicle. Certification to operate a lift is a plus, but not a prerequisite.
The Epsten Group offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Alternative Commuter Benefit
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org