At Epsten Group, we pride ourselves on being a pioneer for sustainability in the built environment. Sustainability is in our DNA– it’s the right thing to do for future generations and the legacy we leave behind. We maintain the front-line of sustainability, spreading the word globally and investing locally. We are a JUST Label company with a focus on social equity in how we operate our business, as well as the health and well-being of our employees through our WELL and Fitwel certifications.
Industry pioneers to our core, we push the boundaries by walking many clients through their own firsts. Our services remain flexible to meet the growing demand for a sustainable, healthier future. Our team strives to create a global impact surrounding green initiatives and maintains a company culture that reflects this. We celebrate diversity, inclusion, and equity and have recruited top talent from all over the globe. With office flexibility and a work-life balance, we accommodate individual preferences, believing that freedom, respect, and creativity lead to happiness and prosperity.
We are looking for a full-time Architecture/Building Enclosure Technician to assist senior team members with completing construction documents, and enclosure analysis and testing for new construction and existing buildings. We are looking for a detail oriented professional to join our energetic and growing 55-person company based in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Entry-level position, 0-3 years professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in architecture, engineering, or construction management; or at least 2 years of experience in architecture or a design related field, or with enclosure installation or management
- Proficient in Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD
- Must be a self-starter with good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of general construction for various building types and scales
- Interest in building enclosure forensics or construction
- Prepared to travel to projects sites throughout North America
- Interest in pursuit of professional licensing is preferred, PE or RA
- Draft/ design all phases of a project with the direct supervision of a Project Architect and/or Project Manager
- Assist in construction administration, including preparation of supplemental instructions
- Prepare three-dimensional computerized drawings/ renderings
- Contribute to building product research and project specifications
- Execute red lines from the Project Manager and Quality Control Specialist/Spec Writer
- Create and maintain CADD standards and libraries
- Assist senior team members with condition assessment of building enclosure systems including taking notes, reading drawing sets, drafting technical reports, etc.
- Perform enclosure testing activities consistent with industry standards including water testing, adhesion testing, etc.
- Assist with identification of building enclosure issues/problems
- Coordinate and attend construction meetings and conferences
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear and occasionally kneel and climb. The staff member must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Ability to work outdoors in all seasons and safely work at elevated height (roofs, lifts, etc.) are required. Must also be able to operate a motor vehicle. Certification to operate a lift is a plus, but not a prerequisite.
The Epsten Group offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Alternative Commuter Benefit
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com