9,000sf; 2 Stories
The renovation of this 1946 building in the historic Martin Luther King, Jr. District of Atlanta centered around energy efficiency. A new stair tower with a roof monitor was designed and constructed to provide natural light and a grand entrance to the 2nd floor. New wall and roof insulation, new systems, efficient light fixtures with daylight-responsive dimming, and a 5kW photovoltaic array contribute to energy savings. The use of reclaimed wood and local materials, low-flow plumbing fixtures and the addition of a green roof added to the project’s sustainable goals and it achieved four Green Globes in addition to its LEED Platinum certification in 2011. In 2012, it was awarded a TOBY Award from BOMA Atlanta.