Here is an overview of the Benefits we offer:
- Competitive Salaries
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 4% employer match after one year
- End of year bonus
- Medical Dental and Vision Plan
- Company-paid Long-term Disability and Life Insurance policy
- Supplemental Insurance options through AFLAC Insurance Company
- Generous Paid Time Off, increasing with seniority
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible work schedules
- Company-paid professional organization membership
- Health Club Membership Reimbursement
- Monthly Alternative Commute Benefit
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer-sponsored Lunch and Learn/Education
- Company paid socials and end-of-year holiday party
- Gift card for nuptials and births
Epsten Group is committed to attract, develop and retain the best in our industry. Employee health and well-being are highly valued and we are proud to offer competitive benefits and many company-sponsored events. The way we see it, investing in you is investing in our future and yours for years to come.
Working With Us
Epsten Group, a multi-disciplinary architecture, engineering and consulting firm, is looking for a Commissioning Project Manager with strong communication skills and to help continue the growth of our commissioning practice. We are looking for a detail-oriented, self-starter to join our energetic and growing 60 person company based out of Atlanta, Georgia. The position involves primarily the management of commissioning projects and completion of commissioning tasks for HVAC, building automation systems, lighting and lighting controls systems and plumbing systems for both new and existing buildings. The position reports directly to the Principal/Director of Commissioning and shall be based at the Atlanta office of Epsten Group.
• Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
• 5 years’ experience at minimum in commissioning or 10 years in TAB or Controls
• Proven track record of performing planning, functional testing, building performance investigation and building systems troubleshooting for new and existing buildings.
• Extensive knowledge of MEP systems and controls installation and operation.
• Strong communication skills with ability to present complex technical information to a wide audience, including contractors, architects and engineers and others with varying degrees of technical knowledge. Must have proven report writing skills.
• Must have the ability to communicate roles and responsibilities to the project team.
• This position requires some limited domestic travel, international travel minimally.
• Project experience with higher education, laboratory and/or government facilities a must
• Professional engineer license a plus.
• CxA, CCP or CxPP certification a plus.
• Planning, directing and monitoring of commissioning activities for assigned projects.
• Responsible for project billing and hours tracking.
• Develop commissioning plans, commissioning specifications, and Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR) documents.
• Conduct design reviews of mechanical, electrical and plumbing plans, and specifications.
• Create equipment pre-functional checklists and functional performance test scripts.
• Perform commissioning site visits and produce site visit reports.
• Perform functional testing and verification of equipment and systems in the field.
• Produce comprehensive commissioning reports for new and existing buildings including recommendations for improvements in existing buildings.
• Perform equipment and systems conditions assessments for existing buildings.
• Provide technical support to other project managers and junior engineers for building systems related issues.
• Troubleshoot HVAC and associated controls systems, electrical and plumbing systems.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The staff member is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The staff member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.