WHO WE ARE
We believe in creating sustainable, beautiful, and healthy spaces and communities to live, work, and play.
- Established in 1991
- Global leader in award-winning sustainable building practices
- Multidisciplinary sustainable design and consulting firm providing a diverse range of services in all phases, from programming to occupancy
- Named in ENR’s Top 100 Design Firms in the Southeast
- Vast experience in high-performance building solutions includes sustainable building design, energy optimization, commissioning services
- Wide range of clients in the commercial, data/archives, institutional, education, government, healthcare, hospitality, industrial, laboratory, recreation and residential markets
- Assessed over 6,000 high-performance buildings in more than 50 countries
- Twice named as one of the Top 300 Businesses of the South
- Listed in Inc. Magazine’s 500|5,000 list of the nation’s fastest growing companies
- Small Business Enterprise Certification for the City of Atlanta
Our experienced staff includes Building Commissioning Professionals, Certified Commissioning Authorities, Building Envelope Specialists, Registered Architects, and over 3/4 of our staff are LEED Accredited Professionals.
WHAT WE STAND FOR
The Epsten Group provides sustainable building solutions by assisting clients with design, consulting, certification, policy and science. We connect our clients to sustainable, regenerative practices that contribute to a livable planet. We are committed to achieving a high level of client satisfaction and continuous improvement.
William “Bill” D’Onofrio, AIA is an award-winning architect and has served as Epsten Group’s Director of Professional Services since 2012 after leaving his own architectural practice that he founded in 2006. He will oversee the day-to-day operations of the company including marketing, business development, accounting and human resources as Principal and Director of Operations.
Pete Choquette, AIA has served as Epsten Group’s Design and Consulting Department Manager since 2010 and is the longest tenured member of the firm, having started as a Project Designer in 2007. Choquette oversees the firm’s architecture and interior design service lines, which includes the ongoing Cyclorama Renovation and Savanna Expansion project for Zoo Atlanta. He will continue in this function as Principal and Director of Design
Darren Draper, PE, CxA has been Epsten Group’s Commissioning Department Manager since 2011 after joining the company in 2010. Serving as Principal and Director of Commissioning, he will continue to be responsible for commissioning services for the firm which includes Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing systems and building envelope for both new and existing buildings.
Lauren Wallace has served as the Certifications Department Manager at Epsten Group since 2010. She trains and manages a large group of leaders in sustainability, consulting on thousands of projects in over 50 countries. Wallace will continue to oversee her department as Principal and Director of Certifications and Consulting.
“Epsten Group met and exceeded our expectations for their services. They repeatedly demonstrated that Epsten Group had our best interests in mind…R.W. Woodruff Library has been very pleased with the services provided by Epsten Group and plan to continue our relationship with them now and in the future. In closing, I can confidently recommend them based on their strong performance here at R.W. Woodruff Library.”
Eric Miller, CFO
Robert W. Woodruff
Library of the Atlanta University Center, Inc.